I’m a Romanian-born Netherlands-based student exploring synergies between organic and artificial thought. At peak idealism, this means bringing together minds and machines into a transhumanist symbiosis. Concretely, however, it currently means putting together proof-of-concept tools based on off-the-shelf ML models or, more recently, tiny experimental investigations into aligning AI to human intentions. My work is made possible by a handful of generous sponsors.
Outside thoughtware, I’m currently learning Chinese and representational drawing, with varying degrees of success. I love visiting other worlds through fiction, and I’m trying my best to combine the effectiveness of habits with the quality of agency. To share my thoughts in a more structured format, I’m writing one short article per week.
recent writing (see all)
- translation is pervasive21.51 YRS
- diffusion magnetizes manifolds21.50 YRS
- conceptual foraging intuitions21.48 YRS
- structure and function21.46 YRS
- speculative praxis21.44 YRS
- agency harvesters21.42 YRS
- files as functions21.40 YRS
- societies of representations21.38 YRS
- lexiscore evaluation21.36 YRS
- the bittersweet lesson21.35 YRS
recent projects (see all)
- velma: value extraction via language model abduction.
- conceptarium bibliography: a pipeline for relating ideas to experiences.
- cybersalience: a synergy of artificial and organic attention.
- oneironomicon: a conversational sandbox for training user-centered assistants.
- decontextualizer: a pipeline for making highlighted text stand-alone.
- lexiscore: a nutritional label for food for thought.
- ideoscope: an instrument for quantifying, understanding, and optimizing your thinking.
- conceptarium: a fluid medium for storing, relating, and surfacing thoughts.
- dual: amplifying knowledge work through user-defined assistants.
- autocards: accelerating learning through machine-generated flashcards.